Thursday, August 03, 2006

Introduction

I've wanted to create a blog for some time now, and now I am taking the opportunity to actually go through with it. I currently live in Washington, DC, have just finished taking the New York bar exam, and am now on a month-long road trip throughout the Southeast before I head back to the "big city" to begin working again. So, I thought that blogging about my experiences on this road trip would be a good way to initiate my first blog.

A little bit about me: I grew up in Mississippi, went to college and law school there, spent about a year-and-a-half in North Carolina after law school, and then moved up to the Washington, DC/Baltimore area. In other words, the majority of my life has been spent in the South. There are certain prejudicial, stigmatizing ideas that I've tried to shed as I've become more educated about the world in general. However, there are also some very rich, cultural components of the South that I love and will always embrace. This blog is an attempt to write about those very things.

You will find that this blog is lighthearted in nature, and in many cases, I will poke fun at my at myself, my heritage, and yes, even my beloved friends. Hope you enjoy it!

Ritchie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home